Working out is important to having a healthy, happy life whether you like it or not. The benefits of working out are far too many for me to even begin to touch on in this article, and while most of us know the benefits, we still don’t workout enough. For most teachers, the problem is having the time and energy to go to the gym for a workout after a long day. It’s hard! Luckily, there are so many awesome at home workouts now available that leave you with no excuse not to get a quick sweat session in 3-5 times a week!
I’m sharing some of my favorite at home workouts. These workouts will leave you with no excuses not to fit in a quick session before or after work!
- 8fit is a great app that has short workouts at all different levels. The workouts are free and usually 8-12 minutes. I like to do 2-3 of these workouts to really feel the burn, but 1 still gets the heart pumping! If you are also looking for help with eating healthy, they have plans you can pay for that include recipes and meal planning.
- Beachbody On Demand is a paid subscription for online streaming of tons of workouts and eating plans. Some of the most famous are Insanity, 21 Day Fix, and 80 Day Obsession. I definitely enjoy the large selection of workouts along with workout plans and eating plans that make staying on track easy. Workouts vary in length and intensity, so no matter what level you’re at, there’s something for you.
- Daily Burn is another paid subscription online streaming site. Similar to Beachbody, it has a ton of workouts but unlike Beachbody, there are no workouts daily. The variety is great and they also offer tailored plans and personalized workouts depending on your goal.
- YouTube has everything including lots of free workouts, so if you aren’t into spending too much on at home fitness then you’re in luck. You can definitely search for the ones you like but here are a few popular channels that offer some great workouts:
- Adam Rosante’s YouTube channel has quick workouts ranging from 5 to 20 minutes. With Rosante’s positive attitude, you’ll feel inspired to work hard. He offers workouts with no exercise equipment and some that use dumbbells. These are great workouts when you are short on time.
BeFit channel has some of the top trainers such as Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, and Jane Fonda so you know they are good. It will kick your butt and get you into shape fast! There are lots of videos you can stream on YouTube, and great workouts.
HASfit is on YouTube and has it’s own website http://www.hasfit.com. It offers workouts for different levels and goals as well as eating plans. Most of their workouts tend to be 30-60 minutes long. They offer warmups and cooldowns as well.